A Workplace Where ALICE Thrives
What Is It?
A workplace where ALICE workers thrive is one in which employers recognize and take action to support their ALICE employees. In such a workplace, leadership intentionally takes a step back to look at their present practices and policies – what impact they might have on their ALICE workers, and how they could change or improve to help make life better for those workers.
Business leaders can begin to make a positive difference by taking a few initial steps:
- Conduct an assessment: Work with managers and Human Resources to identify segments of your workforce that might be in the ALICE demographic.
- Identify barriers: Make an effort to understand the challenges these workers face, both inside and outside work
- Consider solutions: Brainstorm ideas for helping to support ALICE, through the following pathways:
- Evaluate the options: Conduct a cost/benefit analysis of employee investment initiatives that will remove barriers to employee productivity and company success
- Get feedback: Before rolling out an initiative to the entire workforce, get a small group of employees together to provide critical feedback and identify potential pitfalls to implementation
- Share your success: Consider reaching out to other businesses to share ideas, resources, and strategies.